What is an Alumni Member?
An Alumni member is a special registration category for people who, for various reasons, no longer provide emergency care or rescue services but wish to continue their involvement with the National Ski Patrol.
The NSP Alumni Members started in 1977 to maintain contact with former members and keep them informed of events and activities. Today the Alumni Members total more than 1900.
Why join the Alumni Members?
By joining as an Alumni Member you can continue to be part of the largest winter rescue organization in the world. Better yet, your involvement provides you with the opportunity to support the national organization on a new level.
As an alumni member you won’t be required to fulfill any skill or educational requirements; however, depending on local needs and your experience, you might be asked to serve in an advisory capacity to local NSP units as an OEC instructor for example during annual refreshers.
Several areas in the nation have already taken advantage of their alumni’s local knowledge and experience. A valued force within NSP, alumni members often attend ski patrol; events, help recruit new members, provide administrative and OEC help, give safety talks, and participate in other community service activities.
Regardless of the scope of involvement, becoming an Alumni Member contributes to the success of ski patrolling at the local and national level.
Alumni Members receive:
- A subscription to Ski Patrol Magazine
- Access to some NSP Winter Catalog merchandise
- The opportunity to participate in NSP-sponsored events
- Membership dues may be tax deductible
- An opportunity to network with other Alumni via Facebook or other similar web-based, networking tool
Ohio Region Goals
- Assist forming a local alumni group to region patrols
- Assist retiring members by emailing them an alumni membership application
- Assist local patrols as needed and requested
- Assist the Alumni Study Group
A picture from the Mad River Mountain annual “Retro Rusty”
Don Schumacher, Bill Blake, Bill & Doris Crtizer, Bill Wilson, Mike Walpole
For more information contact Alumni Advisor C. Richard Ike (email@example.com)