Our Ohio Region Administrators periodically need self-motivated people to fill important region positions. Review the positions listed below. If interested and qualified, apply online. Please note when you select “apply online” the application will open in a new tab. This will allow you to go back and forth for ease of application completion. The same application is used for all positions. Applying for a position does not guarantee placement.
Safety Team Advisor
– Support safety awareness issues and trends within the snow sports community and promote safety for patrollers, resort employees, and the public across the Region.
– Works with patrols on increasing public awareness of snowsport safety through the promotion of Safety Week and Safety Month, including the distribution of safety items.
– Communicates with Division Safety Advisor and shares information with Region Leadership.
– Prepares and submits an annual program report.
– Prepares annual budget information for submission to the Region Treasurer before the Fall board meeting; prepares and submits expenses to the Region Treasurer on a timely basis.
– Prepares requested reports for Region leadership in a timely manner.
A. Ability to communicate across the Division and Region with the appropriate electronic media. Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
B. Demonstrated history of leadership; has held patrol, section, or region leadership positions.
C. Ability to travel within the Region to support events
D. A sincere interest in promoting snowsport safety and helping support a positive, progressive program.
E. Demonstrated knowledge surrounding resort and snowsport safety and willingness to share with others and expand knowledge through participation in Region and Division events.
F. Strong organizational skills and a willingness to spend the time and effort to maintain the program and ensure its success.
REPORTS TO: ARD of Programs
Region Assistant Senior Program Admin.
• Support Central Division Senior Program
• Serves as a resource for Patrol, Region, Division, and National Senior Program
• Works with Division, Region Senior Program Supervisor, and the Region Senior MSP-OEC Program Supervisor.
• Maintains communication with Region Senior Candidates
• Submits Downhill articles two times per year
• Gather, develop, and disseminate information to Senior Evaluators, candidates, and Region leadership regarding the mission, programs, and services provided through the Senior program to the Ohio Region Senior Candidates and Senior Evaluators
• Collect applications of new candidates to the Senior Program with Region Program Advisor
• Manage, mentor, and track the progress of the Senior Candidates in the Ohio Region
• Ensure the organization and consistent quality of the Ohio Region Senior Evaluations. • Assist in the planning, organizing, promotion, and administration of the Senior Ski and Toboggan Evaluations. • Ensure the application and administration of a consistent set of standards and quality during the Senior Ski and Toboggan Evaluations.
• Prepare and submit expense vouchers to the Region Treasurer on a timely basis
A. Ohio Region Senior Alpine Patroller in good standing
B. Ability to communicate across the Division and Region with the appropriate electronic media and has strong written and verbal communication skills
C. Organized with solid administrative capabilities, able to complete needed paperwork in accordance with established deadlines
D. Demonstrated history of leadership, has held patrol, section, or region leadership position
E. Recommended but not required
Instructor, Toboggan IT, or Senior Evaluator in a related field (Alpine, Toboggan, OEC)
F. Willingness to take over the role of Region Senior Advisor at the beginning of the 2018-2019 Season
REPORTS TO Region Senior Advisor / Division Senior Advisor / Region Director
AID ROOM MANAGEMENT(ARM) ADMINISTRATOR
Oversee the ARM module of the Senior Program, including planning, executing, and maintaining records for the ARM Test
REQUIREMENTS A. Registered Senior Patroller
B. Current Senior OEC Trainer/Evaluator(T/E)
C. Good organizational and administrative skills
D. Be a team player in order to work closely with the Region Senior OEC Training Coordinator and the Region Senior Program Advisor
E. Willingness to travel (with potential overnight stay) to the location of training/evaluation
REPORTS TO: Region OEC Administrator