Welcome to the Certified Program for the Ohio Region
Certified Mission Statement
Certified is a national skills development and verification program that provides a readily identifiable resource of highly motivated, skilled, and knowledgeable patrollers to better serve NSP, ski area management and the outdoor recreation community.
Central Division Certified Program Prerequisites
- NSP membership status: Senior.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Registered NSP patroller for minimum of 5 years.
- Current Outdoor Emergency Care certification.
- Positions of leadership in the NSP, advisory or officer capacity and participate in the training and testing of NSP members at the patrol, region or division level.
- Substantial contributions to the sport of skiing.
- Applications due to Region Program Advisor prior to January 1. (Download App Here)
- Program fee $25 first year, $15 for years two and three.
Attend a Certified Qualification Clinic and demonstrate the skiing and tobogganing skills necessary to be accepted into the program.
Central Division Certified Exam Modules
- Toboggan (Loaded, Unloaded, Skills Course)
- OEC (Written, Bystander, Practical)
- Avalanche (Written, Interview, Field Search)
- Chair Evacuation
- Risk Management/Area Operations
- Low Angle Rescue
Resources for the Certified Program
- Central Division Certified Manual
- Central Division Certified Information: CD Certified
- National Ski Patrol Certified Information: NSP Certified
- Participate in the Avalanche Program
- Participate in the Mountain Travel and Rescue Program
- Participate in Ski/Board and Toboggan training
Ohio Region Certified Advisor
Dave McKinley #802